Web Hosting Acceptable Use Policy
Provider's Acceptable Use Policy is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. All users of Provider's Internet services (the "Services") - those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts ("Visitors") as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services ("Clients") - must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any website, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our Terms of Service Agreement, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this Acceptable Use Policy.
Under the terms of this agreement, your placement of information on dotPH's servers is an acknowledgement that you have read and understood this agreement, and that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not proceed to place any information of any kind on dotPH's servers.
2. Violations of AUP
dotPH, at its sole discretion, shall determine whether an act constitutes a violation of the AUP. The list provided as part of the AUP is meant to serve as a guideline and not a complete enumeration of prohibited activities. The Subscriber will notify dotPH to request permission prior to engaging in any activity which may impact the quality of service for other Subscribers.
The following acts will be considered violations of the AUP:
- Website maintenance and software updates. The client is fully responsible for the maintenance of the software which they post online. This includes the timely installation of critical security updates to the software they install. Vulnerable software is subject to hacking by external parties of which dotPH has no control over. If and when such website compromises occur, the said site shall be disabled until the client has reinstalled the software along with the necessary security patches. dotPH reserves the right to refuse the reopening of the website until it has verified that the said site has been cleaned, updated, and secured as per industry standards.
- 1. Illegal Use. dotPh expects all its clients to maintain responsible Internet behaviour and use the Service in accordance to the local and international laws. dotPH will not tolerate users that will be using the Service for illegal purposes (terrorism, piracy, prostitution, etc.) and will immediately terminate the Subscriber's account without prior notice.
- Using the service in any way which violates Local or International law
- Transmitting copyrighted material without authorization from the copyright holder
- Violating export control regulations
- 2. Malicious Activity
- Willfully interfering with the regular operation of the Service
- Attempting to access any system which the Subscriber knows or reasonably should know that the Subscriber is not authorized to access in the manner or to the extent attempted
- Hosting any deceptive material for the purposes of phishing
- Running any password cracking software
- Running root exploit kits against other servers
- Distributing viruses, worms, or trojan horses
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers in whole or in part
- Scanning networks
- Threatening or encouraging bodily harm or destruction of property
- Violating of the rights of privacy or publicity of an individual
- 3. Promotion of Illicit Activity.
To include the promotion of:
- Any activities prohibited by Local or International law
- Any activities which result in the spread of computer viruses or other damaging programs or data files
- Any activities which violate export restrictions (including making non-exportable information or software available to foreign nationals as may be prohibited by law)
- Circumvention of copyright or patent protection
- Exposure of any trade secret
- 4. Unsolicited Bulk Electronic Mailing
dotPH will not tolerate bulk electronic mailing or spam. dotPH tracks all mail activity going to and from its mail servers. Once a Subscriber is identified to have been operating and sending mass mail / bulk mail, all the outgoing mail will be deleted from our mail servers. dotPH takes a firm stand in protecting its clients and the rest of the Internet community from online nuances such as spam and other malicious and unsolicited content. The Client's account may be terminated without prior notice.
- Transmitting any unsolicited commercial e-mail
- Transmitting any unsolicited bulk e-mail
- 5. Spamvertising and Related Activities
- Posting commercial, political, or advertising posts to public forums
- Issuing unsolicited trackbacks for the purpose of promotion
- Providing DNS resolution in support of Unsolicited Bulk Electronic Mailing
- Hosting a destination site linked from Unsolicited Bulk Electronic Mailing
- 6. Abuse
dotPH maintains the highest level of performance on its servers. Subscribers who will exceed the alloted limits under their subscription plans will immediately temporarily deactivated. The Subscriber will be asked to upgrade his current subscription plan to a higher subscription plan to reactivate his account.
- Consistent overuse of shared resources to the detriment of other Subscribers. (i.e. overdisk quota, exceeding monthly transfer limits, exceeding daily POP access)
- Operating an open proxy server or using the Service as part of a proxy network
- 7. Insufficiently-Secure Administration
- Use of a null password, dictionary word as password, or any other form of authentication lacking reasonable secrecy from a third party as part of a root or user-level authentication scheme
- Allowing an unauthorized third party to establish root access to Service provided by dotPH
- Allowing an unauthorized third party to establish user-level access to Service provided by dotPH
- Operating an open mail relay
- 8. Proper Use
Use of dotPH SMTP Servers is restricted to domains which are registered and hosted under the dotph hosting service. This means that one cannot use domains other than their registered domain in their 'From:' or 'Reply To:' headers.
3. Enforcement of AUP
dotph reserves the right to monitor the use of the Service.
Should dotPH determine, at its sole discretion, the Subscriber has committed any act which violates this AUP, dotPH reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate Service with or without notice to the Subscriber.
dotph will send notification by e-mail to the contact e-mail address on file for the Subscriber in the event that an AUP violation which does not merit termination of Service is identified. Should the Subscriber fail to respond and take action to correct an AUP violation identified in a notification from dotPH, dotPH shall suspend the Service until acknowledgment is received and apply a Service Suspension Fee in accordance with the AUP Fee Schedule.
In the event that the Service is suspended, no refund shall be provided.
4. Reporting Violations of AUP
If you believe you or your system was the subject of an attack originating from our network, contact us immediately by emailing +63-2-637-2104 to 05 or leave us a message in our contact form. Our security response team will investigate all complaints received.
5. Revisions to AUP